Monday, December 30, 2013

Wait. It's Over?

 But, what about all those Christmas intentions I intended to post.  I had so many ideas in my head this year, mostly unprofound ideas about how profound reality really is, as if reality is a real thing.  Even at Yuletide.

 Well, at least let me put up a few pictures representing portions of our Christmastime activities.  It was pretty low-key this year for us.  And a little odd, in some ways, as well, which is actually right up my alley.  If I am nothing else, I'm all about "odd."  

 


 
 
 
 
 






My big Gift this year?  These two. Right here at home.



Katy grew up in the Bay Area where we went to the beach on Christmas day, a regular event that began when we first moved there and had no community, yet.  Christmas was taking a long time to get to us, so we inched it up a day and then when it was Christmas for everyone else but pretty much over for us, we needed something special to do.  We went to the seaside, which tradition she is sharing with her son.  I think he likes it.












Lights, Wonderland walk, tree hunting on the inlet, harbor time, chocolate orange cake, Christmas-cracker pulling, Santy, packages in the mail, chocolate-peppermint shakes at a newly discovered burger joint, making stockings and hats, marzipan pigs, Swedish pancakes, phone calls, friendly visits, thoughtful inexpensive gifts for each other, fake fireplace heater, life in a forest at Christmas!   The end of a year that required of us much energy.  An endearing and peaceful time.

 

4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Nice pics.

DeEtta said...

Love your "Odd" Christmas. Love you too. An adorable grandson with an adorable smile. Does't get any better than that.

Penny said...

Thanks DeEtta and Gorges. I'm not a very prolific blogger, but I do love to whip my phone out and take pictures and whatever crosses my view.

Kaye said...

Love your blog and your pictures! Still can't believe I found you!!!